Select the chart and go to the Chart Tools tabs (Design and Format) on the Excel ribbon. Right-click the chart element you would like to customize, and choose the corresponding item from the context menu. Use the chart customization buttons that appear in the top right corner of your Excel graph when you click on it.
- How do you add a legend in Excel?
- Where is the chart legend in Excel?
- Where is the chart elements button in Excel?
- How do you change the legend on Excel?
- How do you edit graphs in Excel?
- How do I customize a chart in Excel?
- How do I change the area in an Excel chart?
- How do I edit a graph in Excel 2016?
- How do I create a comparison chart in Excel 2016?
- Why can’t I edit my graph in Excel?
- How do I stop my chart from auto formatting?
- How do you make a chart on Excel 2019?
- How do I enable chart tools in Excel?
- Why can’t I see the Design tab in Excel?
- How do you add an element to the center section of the header in Excel?
- How do I add layout to chart tools in Excel?
- How do I change the layout of a chart?
- Which tab is not present under Chart Tools?
- What is the difference between the tool quick layout and chart styles in the design tab?
- What is chart layout?
- How do I apply the layout 5 quick layout to the chart?
- What is the use of chart style command?
- How can you create a chart instantly?
- What improves the appearance of a chart?
- Which one is not a chart component?
- Which option is used to change the background of a chart?
How do you add a legend in Excel?
Click the chart, and then click the Chart Design tab. Click Add Chart Element > Legend. To change the position of the legend, choose Right, Top, Left, or Bottom. To change the format of the legend, click More Legend Options, and then make the format changes that you want.
Where is the chart legend in Excel?
In a chart or graph in a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel, the legend is often located on the right-hand side of the chart or graph and is sometimes surrounded by a border. The legend is linked to the data being graphically displayed in the plot area of the chart.
Where is the chart elements button in Excel?
- Click anywhere in the chart. This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format tabs.
- On the Format tab, in the Current Selection group, click the arrow next to the Chart Elements box, and then select the chart element that you want to format.
How do you change the legend on Excel?
- Select your chart in Excel, and click Design > Select Data.
- Click on the legend name you want to change in the Select Data Source dialog box, and click Edit.
- Type a legend name into the Series name text box, and click OK.
To hide the legend, click None. Tip: To quickly remove a legend or a legend entry from a chart, you can select it, and then press DELETE. You can also right-click the legend or a legend entry, and then click Delete. To display a legend, click the display option that you want.
How do you edit graphs in Excel?
Edit data included in a chart
- Click the chart.
- On the Charts tab, under Data, click the arrow next to Edit, and then click Edit Data in Excel.
- To change the number of rows and columns that are included in the chart, rest the pointer on the lower-right corner of the selected data, and then drag to select additional data.
How do I customize a chart in Excel?
How do I change the area in an Excel chart?
Resize chart area in Excel Click the chart, and click Layout tab (or Format tab). See screenshot: 2. Then go to the Current Selection group, and select Chart Area by clicking the drop down arrow.
How do I edit a graph in Excel 2016?
Right-click your chart, and then choose Select Data. In the Legend Entries (Series) box, click the series you want to change. Click Edit, make your changes, and click OK. Changes you make may break links to the source data on the worksheet.
How do I create a comparison chart in Excel 2016?
To insert a chart:
- Select the cells you want to chart, including the column titles and row labels. These cells will be the source data for the chart.
- From the Insert tab, click the desired Chart command.
- Choose the desired chart type from the drop-down menu.
- The Selected chart will be inserted into the worksheet.
Why can’t I edit my graph in Excel?
By default, each chart you create in Microsoft Excel is locked to prevent unauthorized modification. If you wish to modify the data on which the chart is based, you also need to unlock the data cells. You can then enable worksheet protection again, but retain editing rights to the chart and data.
How do I stop my chart from auto formatting?
Right click on the chart, click Save as Template from the pop-up menu, then give the template a descriptive name, and click Save. Next time you change data and the chart loses its formatting, right click the chart, choose Change Chart Type, click on Templates, select your template, and click OK.
How do you make a chart on Excel 2019?
Create a chart
- Select the data for which you want to create a chart.
- Click INSERT > Recommended Charts.
- On the Recommended Charts tab, scroll through the list of charts that Excel recommends for your data, and click any chart to see how your data will look.
- When you find the chart you like, click it > OK.
How do I enable chart tools in Excel?
Excel Charts – Design Tools
- Step 1 − When you click on a chart, CHART TOOLS comprising of DESIGN and FORMAT tabs appear on the Ribbon.
- Step 2 − Click the DESIGN tab on the Ribbon.
- Step 1 − Click Add Chart Element.
- Step 1 − On the Ribbon, click Quick Layout.
- Step 2 − Move the pointer across the predefined layout options.
Why can’t I see the Design tab in Excel?
Click the Office Button; Click the Excel Option button at the bottom, then you will enter the Excel Option window; Click the Popular button at the left; Under Top Option for Working with Excel, check the Show Developer tab in the Ribbon option.
How do you add an element to the center section of the header in Excel?
Add built-in header and footer elements for a worksheet
- Click the worksheet to which you want to add specific header or footer elements.
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Header & Footer.
- Click the left, center, or right header or footer text box at the top or the bottom of the worksheet page.
How do I add layout to chart tools in Excel?
Click the Insert tab; Go to the Chart Layouts group; Select one chart type and insert a chart into worksheet; Select the chart, and then Design tab, Layout tab, and Format tab appear in the far right of Ribbon.
How do I change the layout of a chart?
Click anywhere in the chart or click the chart element that you want to change. This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format tabs. On the Layout tab, do the one or more of the following: In the Labels group, click a layout option for the chart label that you want to change.
Which tab is not present under Chart Tools?
In 2013 this tab was removed and replaced with a new “Chart Layouts” group that was added to the Design Tab.
What is the difference between the tool quick layout and chart styles in the design tab?
The Microsoft Office provides several “predefined layouts and styles” that the user can select from. A chart layout contains the information for the “structure and design of the various graphs”. It determines which graphs are displayed and how they are arranged.
What is chart layout?
Instead of manually adding or changing chart elements or formatting the chart, you can quickly apply a predefined layout and style to your chart. Office provides a variety of useful predefined layouts and styles (or quick layouts and quick styles) that you can select from. Change the layout or style of a chart.
How do I apply the layout 5 quick layout to the chart?
Apply a Chart Layout
- Click your chart. The Chart Tools become available.
- Choose the Design tab.
- Click the Quick Layout button in the Chart Layout group. A list of chart layouts appears.
- Click Layout 5. Excel applies the layout to your chart.
What is the use of chart style command?
Apply labels and formatting techniques to the data series in the plot area of a chart. Apply formatting commands to the chart area and the plot area of a chart. Employ series lines and annotations to enhance trends and provide additional information on a chart.
How can you create a chart instantly?
Select the data you want to use to create a chart. Press Alt + F1. Excel creates a chart on a new sheet using the default chart type.
What improves the appearance of a chart?
Answer. Explanation: Formatting improves the appearence of the chart.
Which one is not a chart component?
Explanation: The title is a text box you can place anywhere on the chart. The plot is the area on the chart that displays the data in the chart type you choose. A data point is one piece of data appearing on the chart.
Which option is used to change the background of a chart?
Answer: To change the background of your graph, click in the space between the plot area and the edge of your graph. Then, click the Drawing toolbar’s Fill Color tool and select a color from the palette. As soon as you do, Excel changes the background of your chart, filling it with the color you selected.